Thursday, May 11, 2006

lets start with yesterday. yesterday was depressing. very.
soccer was ok.. cats was boring. the lecturer is so gonna mark me down on personal participation.. cos i just couldn't be bothered... lunched with the cats group at bukit timah. yada yada..
hid in the corner of the library to do a lil of project.. got super bored.. started to do some fictionpress-ing. heh.. thats just when jiahao decided to ask me to do some more group discussion. i refused. am super sick of the project already. so i continued hiding there..
i skipped ambassadors' first meeting for canoe polo, thinking it'd be fun.
it was fun. as if.
my heart sank the moment i got there.. the girls (includes freshies like me) looked as if they came from all girls schools, tans figures, hairstyles everything. i was like "dammit they're so fucking skinny". sigh.
oh yeah, training consists of 300+ pushups, situps, one round around campus (did i mention i couldn't catch up with them AT ALL?), weight lifting and more pushups and situps. (my knees where already grazed..) i'm sooooo not fit la.. heh.. went home alone.. ALONE.. at 9 something at night. dinner-less.
how bad can the day possibly go?
misery, misery...
worse, without an mp3 player.
then i started to think about my miserable life; how i got into the wrong course and everything.. and this 50 yr old auntie (with her daughter) decides appear. yeah.. i shifted to the empty seat on my left to let the both of them together.
yeah.. i'm just sooo nice eh?
and so, she decides to make conversation with me.. (the auntie.. not the daughter. her daughter left me to deal with her mother alone la! she was listening to her mp3 all the way from buena vista to aljunied.) she started to ask where i was studying, how did i go to school.. and how she thinks the journey is not worth it.. and then she started to talk to me about 'tua peh kong', 'tu di kong or some other 'kong'..
.
.
her -"AIYOH!! tell u ah.. the singapore 'something something-kong' not good one! dun pray to him hor!!!"
me -"orh.." *smiles* ( i was trying to be polite)
her daughter - "nodding to some song on her mp3"
.
.
her- "whoa u live in geylang east ahhh?? very good leh!! the living room very big! the kitchen very big!! my friend lives there!!"
me- "oh.. wow.. cool." *smiles* (still trying to be nice and everything)
daughter- *staring off to somewhere*
.
.
her- "your mother nv cook ah?"
me - "err.. nope"
her- "HUH? THEN U EAT WHAT?"
me- "da bao lor.."
her- "AIYOH! OUTSIDE FOOD NOT NICE ONE!! i always tell my son ah.. must come home eat no matter what.."
daughter- *fiddling with buttons on mp3 player*
.
.
yeah.. and the conversation lasted from buena vista all the way to aljunied.
was feeling a little better after that, less miserable and all.. cos i started to think of ways to get an mp3 player the moment we got onto the "expensive tze char food in singapore" topic.
i guess she's like.. an angel in disguise.. : )

met up with leelin and huixiang today to collect our o lvls cert.. school was empty by the time we got there.. hehehe..
went to city hall tgt with her, cailing and kohmei.. dinnered at carls junior.. bwahhaa..
and guess what i bought?
CACTUS BODY BRUSH! $19.90 from the body shop countrywide..
haha. showed it to my mum later on and she went on to tell me about
how the scrub resembles the ones used to bathe elephants..
she's calling me an elephant. fine.
LOL
yeapp.. thats for today.. i'm glad i met up with the girls.. missed them to bits!!
TO HELL WITH PROJECTS for tonight..
: )

No comments: