Tuesday, January 17, 2006

NO FOREIGN CURRENCY TODAY!
NO SHORTAGES!
NO EXCESSES!
I'M A GENIUS!!!!

LOL.. today is senior citizens day at ntuc.. i had to repeat the same questions over and over..
"member?"
"le4 ling2 ka3?"
"lao3 lang2 card4?"
and i stupidly asked a middle aged woman for the purple ezlink.
call me an idiot.

had a super yaya customer today. he insisted for elderly discount when i'm sure he's like.. 30+40...
i had to "I BEGGGG YOUR PARDON?"
yeah.. and he insisted he have huge plastic bags to stuff the other small bags..
talk about saving the environment. he's so irritating.
then he took like what? 15 minutes standing there checking his receipt. HAVE FAITH LAR!
I'M A PRO OK?
LOL.
and he asked me why did i key in 3 oranges.
and insisted that i was wrong.. until we took out his oranges and shoved it into his face.
told my colleague i felt like putting my fist through his crooked teeth and made her laugh like siao man.. haha.. evil me..

this job is totally fun lar.. minus the fact that i see yusof bin ishak's face everytime i close my eyes.
this is getting out of hand and i won't be surprised if i see him in person one day.
lets just hope he doesn't talk to me in malay. hokkien and teochew is already a handful.

i think i must learn how to phrase "pardon me for my bad and broken hokkien/teochew" in dialect.
the look on the old auntie's faces whenever i try to communicate effectively is hilarious.
i dun understand half of what they are saying and they same goes to them.
my rotting brain takes 10 seconds to convert english to dialect. pardon me, WRONG DIALECT.
okok.. i admit.. i cannot tell the difference between hokkien and teochew.
speak cantonese to me and i'll wonder if u are an indian.

SIGH.

No comments: