Sunday, January 14, 2007

Concerto D'amore

Went for my first MoulmeinWS practice with christine today. haven't played the saxophone for eons. lost my own set of reeds (DANG! THAT'S 20 BUCKS GONE) and had to use theirs.
for the first time in my life, i played the saxophone with a size 4 reed.
a size 4 NEW reed. the thickest i've ever gotten was 3 1/2 lah. my cheeks hurt so bad its worse than playing a tuba.
didn't have a neck strap, so my right thumb had to support the sax's weight for 2 hours straight.
and the reed made a long cut on my tongue.
but injuries aside, i had a helluva time playing Concerto D'amore, something i haven't played for years. don't ask me about the other pieces though, i suck at sightreading now.

now that i have the uber long cut on my tongue, i have no idea how to give the stupid accessed speech tmr. i'll probably mumble my way through and fail myself so i'll get to take speech comm all over again. WAHAHAHA..
then again, CHOY!
:D

No comments: